Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Blankwaffenforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 17. September 2014, 22:04

WW1 Gabirgsjäger officers sword

Hello friends, let me show you my WW1 Gebrirgsjäger sword
TL:73,4cm
BL:57,6cm
BW:24mm
BT:5mm

Producer Carl Grasser, enjoy the photos:)

Mittwoch, 17. September 2014, 22:06

More photos

Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 08:21

Hello Voci !!!

This is really very, very nice sword :thumbsup: . Congratulations and thank you for presentation.

Entschuldigen Sie bitte für schlechtes Deutsch.

Grüße aus Kroatien

Chombe

Freitag, 19. September 2014, 21:29

Thank you;)
A little bit of history of this sword:
It had been originaly in an austrian sword collection for a few decades, than it was sold to the US, layed there for additional decades as well, now I brought it back to the good old Hungary, so now, it is only 50km-s away from its home, Austria.:)

Mittwoch, 24. September 2014, 14:43

Hello Voci!
Interessting sword and interessting Story.
I´ve never seen a Grasser Blade with this stamp mounted in this Kind of sword.
Even though Grasser was a more expansive dealer, the sword doesn`t look very exclusive.
The ornaments made in the guard doesn`t look very precise and also the grip, which should be ray-skin, or at least fish-skin, Looks like leahter with some spots on it.
Also the sealing on the end of the guard is the cheap Version.
So it Looks to me very strange, but more interessting than the "usual" ones.
I like you sword very much!!!
Also the history of it`s journey back to Europe to the land of the holy crown of St. Stephan is very interessting and I like to thank you, for bringing it back to where it belongs.
It doesn`t matter if it is in Hungary or in Austria, we share the same past, and the troops which were equipped with this sword where also active in Hungary to defend it during the great war!

Once more: Thank You

Servus

Alex

Donnerstag, 25. September 2014, 20:36

Hello Alex, thank you for your answer, for me the interesting thing was this grinded vertical line after the grasser logo on the both side of the blade, I have never seen such before.
The closing is really the cheapest method, similar closing are likely on the arsenal swords, but I can assure you that this sword is an untouched piece:)
Dou you have a pattern for the frog maybe, because it is missing?
As I read, closed portepee was used for this sword, right?

Dienstag, 30. September 2014, 11:05

Hello Voci!
Regarding the lines in the blade, I guess it could be the same reason, for which it also on other swords.
After the 2. war, all weapons (even Sabres) had to be brought to the occupation authorities of the allies.
The U.S. authorities confiscated them or made them unusable.
For the swords, they cut into the blade, mostly just about a centimeter.
Sometime, they were gracious and justed "marked" them, so the owner had the evidence, that he brought his weapon to the authorities to register.

Maybe, your lines are according to this procedure!

What is a "frog"?

Servus

Alex

Dienstag, 30. September 2014, 19:30

The frog is the leather case where the sword is fixed, like the bayonets in their leather frog.

Mittwoch, 1. Oktober 2014, 15:08

There you can see how it should look like!

Servus

Alex